FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5283 Discussions

Assistance with code for C5G Dev kit: Converting code

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all, 

First off, I'm very new when it comes to working with FPGAs. I've looked through the tutorial and have a basic idea what I'm doing at least. 

I've very recently purchased the C5G dev kit and the SFP-HSMC provided by Terasic as my team and I are building an optical comm system to help test our system here in my optics lab - we figured an FPGA would be a fairly cheap and powerful solution to what we need. I was looking around and found an example code for the cyclone 5 here on the wiki: 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/file:cvgx_devkit_seriallite_4_lanes_2500mbps_megacore.zip 

This code basically does everything we had hoped this system could do; however, the code was written for the chip: 5CGXFC7D6F31C7ES. The chip on the C5G (5CGXFC5C6F27C7N) does not appear to be immediately compatible with this code. 

My question for you all, can I simply reassign the pin planning for this code to work with the C5G, or is there some other steps I need to do to convert the code over? Again, I'm a beginner when it comes to FPGAs and would really appreciate some assistance in working with these devices a bit.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Without looking at the project, since it targets Cyclone V, all you would have to do is adjust the pin assignments.