FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5874 Discussions

Atlas SoC QSPI flash question

DChau5
Novice

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie of FPGA Soc and recently, I just bought a new Atlas-SoC board from Terasic. As I know, there are few ways to flash the HPS and one of them is using QSPI ( because I don't want to use SD card in this situation ). So, everything was going well until I found out I need to set BSEL to QSPI mode. The thing is that I thought I could find BSEL pins on the board ( like MSEL) as dip-switches or jumper, etc., but I couldn't find it at all. 

Is it because the design of the Atlas SoC board does not have any BSEL pins? Or have I missed something here ?

Thanks in advance for any support and if this question is so, let's say, ridiculous, then I really apologize because I am pretty new to this field.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IDeyn
New Contributor III

Hi DChau5.

You can change configuration settings using MSEL[4:0] pins (5 switches on Atlas-SoC).

You can find additional information in Chapter 3 "Using the Atlas-SoC Board" in board manual.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ivan

DChau5
Novice

Thanks for you help but I just found out that my Atlas-SoC board does not support QSPI flash. It is my mistake for not checking it clearly.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

This might be a compatible issue for the QSPI flash device that you use for the Atlas-SoC board.

Please check here if the QSPI flash device is compatible with Intel's SoC, I assume your board to be a Cyclone V SoC?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/supported-flash-devices-for-cyclone-v-and-arria-v-soc.html

There are some devices that are known to work with/without U-boot modification, and tested and supported by Intel.

DChau5
Novice

I really appreciate your help but I just found out that my board does not have QSPI flash. It is my fault for not checking it.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

No worries, you can refer to the link above for your future reference as there are also other flash devices mentioned; such as QSPI and SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC/eMMC supported flash devices for Cyclone® V SoC and Arria® V SoC.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos