cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DChau5
Novice

Atlas SoC QSPI flash question

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie of FPGA Soc and recently, I just bought a new Atlas-SoC board from Terasic. As I know, there are few ways to flash the HPS and one of them is using QSPI ( because I don't want to use SD card in this situation ). So, everything was going well until I found out I need to set BSEL to QSPI mode. The thing is that I thought I could find BSEL pins on the board ( like MSEL) as dip-switches or jumper, etc., but I couldn't find it at all. 

Is it because the design of the Atlas SoC board does not have any BSEL pins? Or have I missed something here ?

Thanks in advance for any support and if this question is so, let's say, ridiculous, then I really apologize because I am pretty new to this field.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IDeyn
New Contributor II

Hi DChau5.

You can change configuration settings using MSEL[4:0] pins (5 switches on Atlas-SoC).

You can find additional information in Chapter 3 "Using the Atlas-SoC Board" in board manual.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ivan

DChau5
Novice

Thanks for you help but I just found out that my Atlas-SoC board does not support QSPI flash. It is my mistake for not checking it clearly.

Hi,

This might be a compatible issue for the QSPI flash device that you use for the Atlas-SoC board.

Please check here if the QSPI flash device is compatible with Intel's SoC, I assume your board to be a Cyclone V SoC?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/supported-flash-devic...

There are some devices that are known to work with/without U-boot modification, and tested and supported by Intel.

DChau5
Novice

I really appreciate your help but I just found out that my board does not have QSPI flash. It is my fault for not checking it.

No worries, you can refer to the link above for your future reference as there are also other flash devices mentioned; such as QSPI and SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC/eMMC supported flash devices for Cyclone® V SoC and Arria® V SoC.

Best Regards.