FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Audio Codec

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

I have developed a embedded controller in VHDL to send I2C commands to the audio codec on DE2-115 board i.e WM8731.  

When i send the programming data over I2C for it to send ADC data and i send it back into DAC . It works but everytime i program the FPGA , i hear clicking noise along with the sample audio from left or sometimes from right . And then i reset it again and i can still hear audio as if the device is shorted from inside and it is always transmitting ADC data ??:(, 

I have taken a screen shot of audio data coming in from ADC and whats going into DAC , and this is when there is no audio input to ADC , and i can see some pulses there ??:confused: 

Although on the DE2-115 schematic the mic line is grounded , there should not be any noise on this line . 

Following are the data values i am sending over I2C : 

constant R_Llinin_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000011010";  

constant R_Lheadfon_out_dat: std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "001111001"; 

constant Analgaudio_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000010010"; -- Muting Mic  

constant Digtlaudio_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000000110"; 

constant PWR_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000000000"; 

constant Digtlintf_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000000001"; 

constant Samplng_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000000010"; 

constant ActiveCtrl_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000000001"; 

constant Rst_dat : std_logic_vector(8 downto 0):= "000000000"; 

Any clues ??
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has any one come across this problem , or you are all using Nios to control audio codec ???