FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Avalon st single clock fifo

srinivasan
Beginner
Hi,
I am using Avalon st single clock FIFO...In that how to give CSR data and address.
Otherwise can anyone share the reference design using CSR in Avalon FIFO...
0 Kudos
10 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The Embedded Peripherals IP user guide has details on the registers:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_embedded_ip.pdf

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Srinivasan,

Did the above reply address your problem? Do you have more questions?

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
srinivasan
Beginner
Hi,
Thanks for your reply,

Already that pdf only I am following,but I want about CSR address means which register value need to assign in that signals..
I don't know what input need to give for that IP..

Can you please share the testbench for that IP or any design or simulation result...

0 Kudos
srinivasan
Beginner

Hi,

can u please share the CSR registers configuration document details....

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

You can find that information on Table 10 on page 35 of the document sent above.

This design example might help: https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/17.1.0/Pro/rapidio-ii-reference-design-for-avalon-st-pass-through-interface/

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
srinivasan
Beginner
Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
Can you please share the quartus project design file for Avalon st single clock fifo using CSR interface with testbench...

Because I am struggling in giving the CSR address and CSR write data for getting almost empty and almost fill signal...

Can anyone please help me on this
0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have what you want from our example design catalog. Perhaps generating a testbench on Platform Designer could help?

You can also watch this video for reference, it gives detailed explanation on how you can use Avalon-ST.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
srinivasan
Beginner

Hi,

I didnt receive any video link,can you please share it again..

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee
0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

0 Kudos