FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

BeInMotion Tutorial with BemicroSDK: "compilation not successful"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

This is my first experience with FPGAs. So please bare with me. :( 

I've just bought a BeMicro SDK evaluation board with beinmotion kit from Arrow and I followed their tutorial. Everything was going very well, but when I start compiation, I get tons of errors about directions of pins and other stuff. :confused: I run the Tcl script which came with the tutorial so pins are auto configured for BeMicro SDK. 

The compilation errors and warnings are attached. 

I'm running Quartus II 11.1 sp1 on Windows Xp 32-bits. I didn't miss any step of the tutorial. Anybody know what the problem might be? 

Thanks, 

Sinan
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Warning (12251): BeInMotion_qsys.cpu.clk: Signal clk of type clk must have direction of ynput 

does it really say ynput in the compilation report? something must be corrupt
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, it says so because I use Turkish chars.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

SOLVED. 

Because of a different setting(foreign settings for non-US) in Control Panel--> Regional Settings--> Regional Options  

Quartus was unable to timestamp correctly. So those errors were coming up. After changing my time settings currency and all to US standard, its fixed now. 

Take Care, 

Sinan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ah an addition... by the way, changing Locale doesn`t fix it. Apperently this was something about timestamping. I guess... 

Take Care, 

Sinan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for posting the solution. can you also file a bug report at http://mysupport.altera.com

0 Kudos