FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

BeMicro FPGA-based MCU Evaluation Board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is the new BeMicro FPGA-based MCU Evaluation Board thread. Please post your questions and comments within this thread. Documentation and purchasing information can be found at www.arrow.com/bemicro (http://www.arrow.com/bemicro).

0 Kudos
84 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

In the project I compiled I am able to flash the FPGA just fine 

--- Quote End ---  

Do you mean 'configure' the FPGA just fine? If you program the FPGA using the USB-Blaster circuit, then it configures the SRAM inside the FPGA, there is no 'flash' (but perhaps you were just misusing terminology). 

--- Quote Start ---  

I added another file to the project with a JIC extension as a Serial Bitstream File. (I think I am missing a step here because next I compiled). I compiled and it finished successfully. Then in the programmer I Attached Flash Device. Added my jic file as its source and told the programmer to flash and it fails at 0%. Is there anything special about making Quartus II put out bitstreams so I can have this run my code on start up rather then the default flashed bitstream. I did back up the factory JIC and will keep it as it is neat. That worked perfectly. 

--- Quote End ---  

I haven't used the onboard EPCS device. Post a new thread asking how to configure those devices. The question is not specific to the BeMicro, so the question will just get lost in this thread. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos