FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

BeMicro SDK Files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am new here and I just got the latest BeMicro SDK Kit. I'm going through the "BeMicro SDK Embedded System Lab" modules and I'm stuck on Module 3, where it says that there should be a "bemicrosdk_embedded_hw_lab_qsys_11.1" folder that should have been unzipped from lab design files. There was no lab design files from Arrow Electronics website. All they have a file on their site called "bemicro-sdk-materials.zip" but does not contain the files described in lab tutorials. Where can I find the files to go through the lab exercise modules? 

Your help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am new here and I just got the latest BeMicro SDK Kit. I'm going through the "BeMicro SDK Embedded System Lab" modules and I'm stuck on Module 3, where it says that there should be a "bemicrosdk_embedded_hw_lab_qsys_11.1" folder that should have been unzipped from lab design files. There was no lab design files from Arrow Electronics website. All they have a file on their site called "bemicro-sdk-materials.zip" but does not contain the files described in lab tutorials. Where can I find the files to go through the lab exercise modules? 

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

--- Quote End ---  

I have a similar problem, did you ever get an answer as to where the missing files are? I visited the 

Arrow site, downloaded the latest SDK, and generally found the lab notes deviate substantially 

from what's in the .zip file.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I never a reply from anybody...but I created my own set of files that I found from this forum and from other people at work. So here's the zip file I created for anyone else to use. Unzip it and use the pdf file that's included as instruction. I've annotated it with my own findings.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

These files are for Quartus 10.0. I found a pdf with a discription for 11.1 Version, but some examples are not right and so it isn't possible to compile the Quartus project. Has someone a link of the right software?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, today we have quartus 15.1, and not so mutch support on the net for Bemicro SDK kit. If anyone have succesfull "migration" to 15.1, please drop some help here, thanks! 

-I tried to rebuild w qsys, but nios2 must migrate to new one. (I will spend time to this later). 

-And tried to download the old soc, and just recompile the application+bsp level, but theres no irq some reason. (as far as I understand the problem). 

Any kind of help appreciated, of course. :) 

B.
0 Kudos