FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Bitec DVI daughter card missing definitions

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm a newbie trying to compile the DVI demo project included with the Bitec Cyclone III video development kit with the Bitec DVI daughter card. I'm getting the following errors suggesting a missing include file. However I don't know which include file is missing or where to find it. Can anyone help me? 

M Ramstad 

Description Resource Path Location Type 

'BITEC_DVIIN_0_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 48 C/C++ Problem 

'BITEC_DVIIN_0_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 75 C/C++ Problem 

'BITEC_DVIIN_0_IRQ' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 61 C/C++ Problem 

'OC_I2C_MASTER_DVI_IN_DDC_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 92 C/C++ Problem 

'OC_I2C_MASTER_DVI_OUT_TFP410_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 64 C/C++ Problem 

'VGA_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 69 C/C++ Problem 

make: *** [obj/default/main.o] Error 1 hsmc_dvi_demo C/C++ Problem 

implicit declaration of function 'alt_irq_register' main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 61 C/C++ Problem
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It means, either SOPC builder or Qsys instantiation name did not match. 

The C code is expecting BITEC_DVIIN_0 as the instantiation name. 

If you changed it in h/w side, you need to change it in C code and has to match with h/w side name.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, thank you. That is clearly the problem since I didn't create a h/w side. I just followed the instructions step by step and the h/w steps were missing. 

I'm studying the h/w side now, but I need to set it aside for a few days. 

M. Ramstad
0 Kudos