FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5275 Discussions

Bitec DVI daughter card missing definitions

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm a newbie trying to compile the DVI demo project included with the Bitec Cyclone III video development kit with the Bitec DVI daughter card. I'm getting the following errors suggesting a missing include file. However I don't know which include file is missing or where to find it. Can anyone help me? 

M Ramstad 

Description Resource Path Location Type 

'BITEC_DVIIN_0_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 48 C/C++ Problem 

'BITEC_DVIIN_0_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 75 C/C++ Problem 

'BITEC_DVIIN_0_IRQ' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 61 C/C++ Problem 

'OC_I2C_MASTER_DVI_IN_DDC_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 92 C/C++ Problem 

'OC_I2C_MASTER_DVI_OUT_TFP410_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 64 C/C++ Problem 

'VGA_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 69 C/C++ Problem 

make: *** [obj/default/main.o] Error 1 hsmc_dvi_demo C/C++ Problem 

implicit declaration of function 'alt_irq_register' main.c /hsmc_dvi_demo line 61 C/C++ Problem
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It means, either SOPC builder or Qsys instantiation name did not match. 

The C code is expecting BITEC_DVIIN_0 as the instantiation name. 

If you changed it in h/w side, you need to change it in C code and has to match with h/w side name.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, thank you. That is clearly the problem since I didn't create a h/w side. I just followed the instructions step by step and the h/w steps were missing. 

I'm studying the h/w side now, but I need to set it aside for a few days. 

M. Ramstad