FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Broken Switch

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello I have a DE2 board, and along the bottom there are switches sw0-sw17 and one of them broke. I cannot for the life of me find a replacement one. I have look at Digikey, Mouser, Ebay, Alibabba/Aliexpress, and Amazon. 

Does anyone have any idea where I can find a replacement switch? It doesn't need to be a perfect match (this is for University use I work in the labs) but the holes need the line up with the board.  

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I remember someone having the same problem, but don't remember which board, nor the user. You might find the answer when searhing the forum.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I remember someone having the same problem, but don't remember which board, nor the user. You might find the answer when searhing the forum. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey thanks for the reply, I found a posting related to one of the button going bad which we have plenty of but no luck on the switches when searching. And from the looks of it all the boards use the same switches.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have a look at Digikey. They have many different styles and types of switches.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Contact Terasic to see if they will give you a part number or maybe even send you a replacement switch. If the board came with a BOM (check the CD/DVD if one came with the board) you can get the part number yourself from that.

0 Kudos