FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

C10GX Transceiver Power & IO

TGao
Beginner

Devices:Intel C10GX 10CX105YU484I5G

Question:

​ 1. Can a TX chanel used RX ?

2. If I want reserve one TX channel & one RX channel,which channel should I reserve?(I think It's 3 channels,one channel for clock)

Thanks​

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to C10 XCVRs. Please see my responses as following:

1. Can a TX chanel used RX ?

[CP] No. Both TX and RX within a XCVR channel (duplex) are dedicated path of the XCVR.

2. If I want reserve one TX channel & one RX channel,which channel should I reserve?(I think It's 3 channels,one channel for clock)

[CP] Sorry as I am not very clear about your specific inquiries. Would you mind to further elaborate on reserving TX and RX channels? Probably some screenshot or illustration will be helpful. Generally each channel will consist of both TX and RX path which can works simultaneously. 

Just wonder if the clock that you are referring to is the CMU PLL? If yes, generally CMU PLL resides at the CH1 and CH4 within a 6-CH XCVR bank. If you are using CMU PLL, then you would need to reserve CH1 (for example) and use the CH0 and CH2 for data. 

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
TGao
Beginner
Hi Chee Pin Thanks for your reply. What I mean is CMU_PLL, and I understood now about it . Thanks again. Ted
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your update. Glad to hear that your inquiries have been addressed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos