FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

CVGT Dev Kit Board Design Files

Zarquin
New Contributor II

Dear Community,

the CVGT Dev Kit user guide says that the Dev Kit comes with board design files, that can be used as a starting point for a new prototype board design.

Indeed there is a folder named board_design_files in the installed CVGT Dev Kit Directory (Fig.).

But there is no .sch-file and if I try to open the .brd-file with Eagle an error is displayed.
So these don't appear to be Eagle files. Where can I find the schematic and with which programme can the files be opened and edited?

Thank you

Fig.: Dev Kit Board Design Files

Zarquin_0-1648651519802.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

The BRD file can be view in Allegro/OrCAD FREE Physical Viewer https://www.cadence.com/ko_KR/home/tools/allegro-downloads-start.html

But you will need a full/license version of Allegro for editing purpose. 

Zarquin
New Contributor II

Dear AR-A-Intel,

thank you very much for the hint!

What about the schematic files?

I only found a PDF and a DSN file in the schematic directory. The PDF file can only be viewed. The .DSN file is binary.
Does the .DSN file correspond to the .sch file?

Best regards

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

DSN files are usually opened with OrCAD PCB Designer because they are created by the program, however DSN files can also be imported with other programs, such as Altium Designer, which opens them as schematic files using the program's import wizard.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos