FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Can I calculate or measure how Smart-VID reduces the device's supplied power?

sabo
Beginner
Hi.

I use the FPGA Board of Stratix®10 devices for our projects.
This board is Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA Development Kit(DK-DEV-1SMX-H-A) and Stratix®10 device is 1SM21BHU2F53E1VG.

Running the BTS(Board Test System) to monitor its power information is successful under our development environment.
And now, I want to know how Smart-VID reduces the device's supplied power using BTS or anything.

I checked the document is the user guide of FPGA Development Kit(UG-20151 | 2020.06.15).
In Figure 3, I found the SW1 is installed for PMBus Control.
Although settings of SW1 is a default position, can I monitor the supplied power with disabled Smart-VID using changed SW1 settings?
If the Smart-VID does not run under disable Smart-VID, can I calculate how Smart-VID reduces the supplied power?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi 山崎

Thanks for your inquiry.

If the Smart-VID is disabled, the power reduction of supplied power will not be enabled. 

Thanks.

Eng Wei 

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi 山崎

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
sabo
Beginner

Hi Eng Wei

Thanks to your reply, my concern was well solved.

I hope you don't mind if I ask for help again in the future.

Thank you.

0 Kudos