Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Can I program my BeMicro CV A9 with Separate JTAG configuration header??

Hi all! 

We have our BeMicro CV A9 Dev Kit and have a question. Can we configure it with Separate JTAG configuration header? 

In manual (http://www.alterawiki.com/uploads/f/f3/hardware_reference_guide_bemicro_cv_a9_1.2.pdf) there are only two methods been described, but it said that three methods are presented.  

Did somebody managed to configure BeMicro CV A9 with third method (Separate JTAG configuration header)?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I have just tried but don't works.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

And for me the same result

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I think that only one USB blaster at time can send TCK over Jtag, maybe desoldering some resistor can enable external USB blaster (built-in is slow?)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I finally decided not to use Separate JTAG configuration header at all. But maybe it (desoldering some resistor) can work)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

All boards with embedded USB Blaster II have a header connected to MAX V JTAG pins for initial programming, partly unpopulated. If there's one 10-pin header and no other connection to MAX V dedicated JTAG pins, I would expect it's for MAX V programming only.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I reviewed the Dev Kit schematic and found that the board has a separate JTAG header for MAX V programming. The hardware connections suggest that an external USB Blaster can be routed to CV JTAG by a software option, but it may be unsupported in actual MAX V FPGA.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Here is official response from BeMicro team: 

--- Quote Start ---  

The separate JTAG header is for debugging purposes and is not a supported method for programming the board. 

Regards, 

BeMicro Support 

--- Quote End ---  

Maybe they can save soldering unuseful pin header..