FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Can anyone explain what is supposed to be going on on p.111 onwards of the DE0-nano user guide please? Trying to get the Nios2 example working...

MRhys
Beginner

Hello... help... I'm absolutely confused by the crazy order and layout of the material from p.111 onwards.

Manual is at https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=139&No=593&PartNo=4

It's totally unclear to me what I am supposed to do. It first tells me that I must enter text into a blank verilog file, then at the same time it says open an existing file. It does not explain clearly what I must do with these two concepts.

What's going on? Can anyone explain this better? I have just wasted £80 otherwise...

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think the open file thing in the screenshot is just to look at the output of SOPC Builder (which doesn't even exist in the software anymore; this is a very old document). Just create and save the myfirst_niosii.v file and compile the project.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi @MRhys​ ,

<QUOTE>It's totally unclear to me what I am supposed to do. It first tells me that I must enter text into a blank verilog file, then at the same time it says open an existing file. It does not explain clearly what I must do with these two concepts.</QUOTE>

1. Open a new file(Files->New->verilog file) and copy the code from page 112 and save it as myfirst_niosii.v
  2. Open existing file(File->open) which is created by SOPC builder(DE0_NANO_SOPC.V).So that we can check if your component instantiation in myfirst_niosii.v is correct as per DE0_NANO_SOPC.v

and compile it.

Let me know if this has helped or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos