FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Can't build a project template

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

I have a development kit, cyclone II and I download a Nios II/s processor on it thanks to the hardware developement tutorial.  

I tried to run a couple of software templates, most of them worked well. But the "boading diagnostics" and the "memory test" didn't even build correctly. I have this error: 

Description Resource Path Location Type 

In function `GetInputString': board_diag.o board_diagnostics/obj 0 C/C++ Problem 

In function `MenuEnd': board_diag.o board_diagnostics/obj 0 C/C++ Problem 

In function `SevenSegControl': board_diag.o board_diagnostics/obj 0 C/C++ Problem 

In function `TestLEDs': board_diag.o board_diagnostics/obj 0 C/C++ Problem 

make: *** [board_diagnostics.elf] Error 1 board_diagnostics 0 C/C++ Problem 

undefined reference to `getc' board_diag.c board_diagnostics 114 C/C++ Problem 

undefined reference to `sscanf' board_diag.c board_diagnostics 141 C/C++ Problem 

undefined reference to `sscanf' board_diag.c board_diagnostics 313 C/C++ Problem 

undefined reference to `sscanf' board_diag.c board_diagnostics 653 C/C++ Problem 

I think the Software Build Tools for Eclipse does not find the <stdio> library... 

Could anyone help me please? 

:(:(
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have the same problem too ..  

I am building a simple LED test pattern from "Board diagnostics" and selecting my own system (created my SOPC builder in Quartus II).  

After that I go to the "system library properties" and change the setting to "program never exits" and "small C library". 

when i build them , i got below error message. 

Description :  

In Fuction 'GetInputString' : board_diag.o 

in Function 'main' : board_diag.o 

undefined reference to 'getc' : board_diag.c 

undefined reference to 'sscanf' : board_diag.c 

undefined reference to 'sscanf' : board_diag.c
0 Kudos