FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Can't find host connection

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am new to the Altera world and am trying to install Quartus II and the Altera Monitor program. I have successfully completed the two installations as well as the USB-Blaster device driver. However, when I try to load my program onto the board, the Host Connection can't find the USB-Blaster to download the program to. I need to know how to enable the Altera Monitor program to see my board. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you succeed in checking the USB_blaster presence in the "Hardware Setup" box in Quartus II programming window???

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No I did not. I wasn't aware I needed to? How do you do this? I found the Hardware Setup menu under Programmer but am not sure how to add it. All it says when I try to Add Hardware for Hardware type is EthernetBlaster.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, you have to click on "Hardware Setup", then "Currently Selected Hardware" and selecting your usb-blaster device...if you don't find it it means you have problems with usb blaster drivers...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The USB blaster does not show up in available hardware and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the USB blaster but it did not solve the issue. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos