FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Can't find host connection

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am new to the Altera world and am trying to install Quartus II and the Altera Monitor program. I have successfully completed the two installations as well as the USB-Blaster device driver. However, when I try to load my program onto the board, the Host Connection can't find the USB-Blaster to download the program to. I need to know how to enable the Altera Monitor program to see my board. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you succeed in checking the USB_blaster presence in the "Hardware Setup" box in Quartus II programming window???

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No I did not. I wasn't aware I needed to? How do you do this? I found the Hardware Setup menu under Programmer but am not sure how to add it. All it says when I try to Add Hardware for Hardware type is EthernetBlaster.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, you have to click on "Hardware Setup", then "Currently Selected Hardware" and selecting your usb-blaster device...if you don't find it it means you have problems with usb blaster drivers...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The USB blaster does not show up in available hardware and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the USB blaster but it did not solve the issue. Any suggestions?