FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Can't get rid of "ID:169085 No exact pin location assignment(s) for 72 pins of 135 total pins.

Alberto_F
New Contributor I

Hello all,

As the title suggests. I can't get rid of the message:

"ID:169085 No exact pin location assignment(s) for 72 pins of 135 total pins. For the list of pins please refer to the I/O Assignment Warnings table in the fitter report."

Alberto_F_0-1653353862477.png

A little background. I'm working on a Cyclone V HPS. I set the SDRAM parameters with the tcl scripts "hps_sdram_p0_pin_assignments" and "hps_sdram_p0_parameters". I'm setting my FPGA IO pins manually, and the HPS pins are set automatically.

The project compiles successfully, and I am able to boot a Linux system from an SD card and peripherals work ok.

When I look at the "Pin Planner" after compiling, my custom FPGA pins were assigned manually, and a new "Fitter" column has the location of the HPS pins.

Alberto_F_1-1653354142183.png

I cannot change the values for "Location" on the Pin Planner, I get an error message.

Alberto_F_2-1653354924028.png

How can I get rid of the "ID: 169085 No exact pin location assignment(s)..." message? What do I need to do to to correct the pin assigment? What am I missing? I looked at the help entry but I could not get more information, nor other examples.

Cheers,

Alberto

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The warning means that some location assignments have not been explicitly added to the .qsf file.  However, hardened pins (like from the HPS) don't need explicit location assignments.  The warning is just letting you know of this fact.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It's just a warning.  It can be safely ignored.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any further questions?

0 Kudos
Alberto_F
New Contributor I

Hi,

No, not really questions. It is a confusing warning though... it'd be good if there was a way to get rid of it. But everything else seems to work, so I guess it's all good.

Cheers,

Alberto.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The warning means that some location assignments have not been explicitly added to the .qsf file.  However, hardened pins (like from the HPS) don't need explicit location assignments.  The warning is just letting you know of this fact.

0 Kudos