FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

Can't load software with stratix IV dev kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am working on stratix IV devkit web update portal and I have lot of problems. 

Using the hardware design given, some files as s4gx230_fpga_bup.sdc which is into the project but not into the folder. The onchip memory is not initialized, I don't know if it's normal. Finally,I succeed creating a new design to put into the user hw flash memory part. Even if software doesn't start it seems ok since I can load the software with Nios II IDE. 

So I wanted to load a new software into the software factory part (to be sure that hardware part is correct) but it doesn't work, I have used the reference web server software but it also doesn't work, if I put back the .flash file given (into the factory reset folder) then it's ok. 

What I have to do to put the web server software into the factory software part ? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it looks like this is a known issue with the BUP software for the Stratix IV GX Development Kit. see the BUP software issue: 

http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd06242009_293.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the Nios II tools will program the User software correctly, but the BUP software writes to the incorrect offset in the CFI (it doesn't read the offset from the .flash like the Nios II tools)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the answer, it explains some points about my problem. 

Finally I have used the advanced boot copier integrated into a new hardware design and it's ok.
0 Kudos