FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Cannot install Windows driver, Linux USB/Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget for DE10-nano

symmt_Intel
Employee

Hi, thank you for visiting my question.

I'm just trying to go through the getting started guide from Terasic (https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive_download.pl?Language=English&No=1046&FID=753abb03f323f8f2135130881425ee7b) and stuck at 6.2 Hardware Setup and Driver Install.

When I tried to install the driver on Windows 10, specifying DE10-Nano/Drivers/Windows, a problem was encountered, saying

'Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device. Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget. A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store. If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers.'

Could anyone tell me how to approach this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BXia
Novice

Hi symmt,

Please set "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" on Win10, you can refer to the steps in this link to set it, then reinstall the driver.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
symmt_Intel
Employee

Hi BXia,

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you for providing me with the useful link! 

Though in my case, I had to go though one more step to know about recovery key and unlock my device, I was able to update my driver with the one downloaded from terasic.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello Sho,

Yes, Bxia is correct the devkit driver for windows are not "signed drivers" you need to disable the signed drivers in order to install on windows.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
symmt_Intel
Employee

Hi Farabi,

I had never updated the driver with ones downloaded from somewhere on the web before...

Thank you for your information!

0 Kudos