FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5239 Discussions

Channels mix-up with DE10-Nano ADC IP (the IP from Quartus IP Catalog for hardware only design, not the one from Platform Designer IP Catalog with Avalon-MM interface)

JDali1
Beginner

Trying to use University Program IP from Quartus IP Catalog to interface ADC on a DE10-Nano board (altera_up_avalon_adv_mega), I found that channels are not routed correctly from connector to IP outputs.

My experiment: follow tutorial of section 3.3 of this document:

ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/17.0/Tutorials/Using_DE_Series_ADC.pdf

IP Variation generated for 20MHz and 8 channels.

Result:

ADC_IN0 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 0 

ADC_IN1 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 2

ADC_IN2 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 3

ADC_IN3 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 4

ADC_IN4 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 5

ADC_IN5 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 6

ADC_IN6 is never routed to LED whatever SW value

ADC_IN7 is routed to LED when SW is equal to 7

Does anyone face same issue?

Other tests I made (Terasic ADC demonstration and other) seems to confirm the issue is located in this IP (altera_up_avalon_adv_mega).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Jean,

Can you check again using RTL viewer? It looks fine.

All ADC_IN channels are rooted correctly using mux.

There is no mix up in SW/select line or data/ ADC_IN.

Regards

Anand

JDali1
Beginner

Hello Anand,

Thanks for you answer.

I generated a new IP variation with default parameters (ADC clock = 12.5MHz / 8 channels / system clock = 50Mhz) and repeated the test. This time everything is fine, no mix-up, so maybe there is some timing issue at max speed on the DE10-Nano.

As I would need to use ADC at max frequency for my project, I will repeat the test to find max possible frequency without issue. In the mean time any advise is welcome!

Regards,

Jean-Guilhem