I am new to FPGA and I am using Arria 10 FPGA kit in my development.
In that I have selected 10AX115S2F45 as my device and created a project and added all the required files( Currently we are porting the Xilinx artix board files which are already tested in vivado environment) ). My queries are
1. In xilinx we are using 100MHz single ended clock and creating 20MHz clock internally using IP. In our quartus project, I am taking clk_50 as my input clock and creating 20Mhz clock with this.
2. After compilation, SOF file is generated.
3. When we tried to program the file, we are getting configuration error (D16 glows in RED). We tried through both USB blaster and over ethernet as well. (Changing the boot mode can be in two ways. i. SW6,4 to be OFF. ii. Pressing S5 and wait till D12 glows and press S6. )
Please confirm the following
1. Is it ok to go with 50MHz clock(clk_50)
2. How to generate the pof file in programmer for arria 10 fpga kit.
3. What might be the reason for coniguration error that we are getting.
Can you program the board with any of the factory default .sof files that came with the kit?
1) The 50MHz clock you mention shouldn't have any bearing on configuration.
2) You can use the Convert Programming File to do just that. However, you should only need the .sof file for the FPGA.
3) You could be generating the FPGA image for the wrong FPGA, or wrong variant. Worst case you have a fault on the board.
I suggest you use the USB-Blaster programming using JTAG to simplify the setup whilst trying to sort this. The board portal just complicates things if it doesn't simply work.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
- I am using correct FPGA PART(10AX115S2F45I1SG) in my design.
- wanted to know if there is any proper documentation for programming sof file using quartus prime programmer (as it involves MM22010 V).
- In addition, eventhough programming is successful, configuration is failing (error led is glowing). What might be be reason for this.
- Where can I get the latest BTS for the kit, the BTS available in the net is for quartus 15.1. I am using Quartus 18.1.
thanks & regards,
Thanks for the support.
I am able to do program the sof in both ways (using usb blaster & also using ethernet).
But when booting through user mode, I am getting errror.
Please confirm whether jtag help me here.
thanks & regards,