FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5153 Discussions

Compile on the DE1-SoC instead of cross compile - Equivalent of yum install / apt-get

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have the DE1-SoC, and I am starting to use the plain Linux image "DE1_SoC_SD.img". 

Instead of cross compiling I would like to be able to compile on the device directly. The small image though does not come with gcc. How can I download gcc onto the DE1-SoC / SD card? What is the equivalent of yum install or apt-get? 

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I have the DE1-SoC, and I am starting to use the plain Linux image "DE1_SoC_SD.img". 

Instead of cross compiling I would like to be able to compile on the device directly. The small image though does not come with gcc. How can I download gcc onto the DE1-SoC / SD card? What is the equivalent of yum install or apt-get? 

Thanks a lot 

--- Quote End ---  

Might be a bit late. But gcc cannot be installed with this Linux Image. It is better to use the Ubuntu or LXDE image from Terasic which has GCC.