FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Connecting Stratix 10 MX device over USB

AKaul
Beginner

Hi team,

I am trying to connect a Stratix 10 MX dev kit (device: 1SM21BHU2F53E2VGS1) to a windows machine via USB. With Quartus Prime Pro 18.0 both BTS (available with Stratix 10 MX FPGA Installer Package, ES version) and Quartus Programmer were able able to detect the device. However, the reference design I need to use requires Quartus Prime Pro 19.1, and with this version neither BTS nor the Programmer are able to recognize the device. I see the device as an 'unknown USB device' under the list of USB controllers in windows device manager.

Could someone please suggest how can I proceed to debug this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ankit

device_manager_USB_list.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. would you kindly help check whether your machine is supported or not (OS) by referring to ling below:

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html      

0 Kudos
AKaul
Beginner

Hello,

Yes, I use windows 10, which is supported according to the link provided. I wonder if there could be an issue with the USB drivers?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Could you help check on this? the manufactured board’s BTS was built with Quartus Pro 18.0.1.261. Possibly it is caused by the difference in system console of different Quartus revisions. There is log in the BTS directory, you can check it for the reason of the failure. It is suggested to upgrade or use the right Quartus version.

0 Kudos