FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5232 Discussions

Connecting two S10 DX kit over I2C

Ankit_P_Intel
Employee

hi

this is more of exploration phase question.

I intend to connect two S10Dx kit over I2C; while one works as master and other as minion. i intend to perform some read/write operations on internal registers inside minion S10 DX kit ; from master kit.

I tired searching about s10DX kit capabilities and the best thing i found is https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/support/boards-kits/stratix10/dx_fpga/stra... this diagram. it shows open ended I2C via Max10 system Control. I am wondering if I can connect two S10DX through this route. is this doable?

Also; is there any user guide or design example guide you can point me to? on using I2C with S10 DX kit?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ankit_P_Intel
Employee

is there any I2C connector on the kit which i can use to connect with the other kit? also where can i purchase the cable to connect these two I2C ports over two s10DX kits? i will need 1 meter long cable if possible.