FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Connectivity issue with High Density Bulls eye connector on Arria 10 GX Transceiver Signal Integrity Development kit

SKuma36
Beginner

Hi,

On Arria 10 GX Transceiver Signal Integrity FPGA board, we are trying to test the GX transceivers routed to Samtec’s High density Bulls eye connector (Part code: BQR-J-020). We got the mating cable for this connector from Samtec and the corresponding part no. is BE23S-92SPP-02-02-0300.

While testing, we found that somehow the connectivity is not getting established between the connector and the Bulls eye point of the cable. We made sure the cable is properly attached to the connector using the insertion/extraction tool.

We then tried monitoring with scope, we could see data only if we manually press the cable on to the connector.

We got the cables tested from Samtec and they  found no issue with these cables.

Pl. suggest how to debug this issue.

Note: I have attached the pics of the High density Bulls eye connector and the cables.

thanks,

sunil

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Sunil, Thank you for contacting us. Allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Sunil, As I understand it, you seems to observe a connection loose issue with the the Samtec bulls eye connector and cable. Just to check with you if you are observing the loose connection with both the connector on the devkit? Or only specific connector? Just wonder if you have had other devkit to cross check? By the way, since both of the connector and cable are from Samtec, would you mind to help to further consult the contact that you are currently in touch on possible causes to this and any workaround? Sorry as I do not have much insight to this since it is a 3rd party part. Hope you could understand it. Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you very much. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos