FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Correct Output of Transceiver onto UART Terminal

matif
Novice

​Hi all, I made a setup where I connected counter (0 to 14) and a constant (8'hBC) to a mux. The mux based upon rx_syncstatus output sends either counter or constant data to a transceiver operating at 100MHz pll clock. I connected 8 bit rx-Parallel data to a register which then I connected to lwhps2fpga bridge and I want to see value of this register onto my UART terminal. I am getting values at UART terminal like below: Note it down that my Avalon bus is operating at 50 MHz. Isn't there any way to see correct sequence of counter at Uart terminal like 1,2,3,4,5,6,....14

> fd is ok

> virtual base pointer to open device memory file is ok

> pointer value is 12

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 14

> pointer value is 9

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 1

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 0

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 14

> pointer value is 14

> pointer value is 0

> pointer value is 10

> pointer value is 10

> pointer value is 9

> pointer value is 10

> pointer value is 5

> pointer value is 6

> pointer value is 14

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 3

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 4

> pointer value is 6

> pointer value is 6

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 10

> pointer value is 11

> pointer value is 2

> pointer value is 12

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 12

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 8

> pointer value is 9

> pointer value is 9

> pointer value is 4

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 13

> pointer value is 7

> pointer value is 2

> pointer value is 14

> pointer value is 14

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you seems to observe some issue with RX parallel data output display at UART output terminal. 

By the way, I notice that you have filed another case 04274941, just would like to check with you if both of the cases 04274469 and 04274941 are similar? If they are the same, then we could follow up using a single case for better tracking purpose.

For your information, I have posted some notes to the case 04274941.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

matif
Novice
• Hi Chee Pin, Thank you so much for your reply. 1. Yes case 04274941 and 04274469 are the same cases. Actually I wasn't getting a responce thats why I filed another similar case with more details. 2. Yes, I have issues with RX Parallel Data output display at Uart output terminal. I want to see the consistent counter sequence like 0,1,2,3,4, upto 14 but as you can see in my post I am getting inconsistant data. Some of the people suggested me that because I am running Linux on my cyclone V board that is why my application reading rate is really slow but I also tried to run the counter at really slow speed like at just 10 Hz but even then I was not getting the consistent data. To be sure that the transceiver is synchronized, I connected the rx_syncstatus output to one of the LED on board and the LED is lighted up means transceiver is synchronized. 3. Yes, for sure, I can share with you my quartus project file so that you can have a look. Where should I share it because I am not able to upload the file here at website remember last time we also tried to upload the transciever loopback example and it didn't work so you had to email me the file. So just let me know how can I share my transciever file with you. And thank you so much for your reply. You always help me. Appreciated. Regards   Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
matif
Novice

​Hi Chee Pin,

Thank you so much for your reply.

1. Yes case 04274941 and 04274469 are the same cases. Actually I wasn't getting a responce thats why I filed another similar case with more details.
  2. Yes, I have issues with RX Parallel Data output display at Uart output terminal. I want to see the consistent counter sequence like 0,1,2,3,4, upto 14 but as you can see in my post I am getting inconsistant data. Some of the people suggested me that because I am running Linux on my cyclone V board that is why my application reading rate is really slow but I also tried to run the counter at really slow speed like at just 10 Hz but even then I was not getting the consistent data. To be sure that the transceiver is synchronized, I connected the rx_syncstatus output to one of the LED on board and the LED is lighted up means transceiver is synchronized.
  3. Yes, for sure, I can share with you my quartus project file so that you can have a look. Where should I share it because I am not able to upload the file here at website remember last time we also tried to upload the transciever loopback example and it didn't work so you had to email me the file. So just let me know how can I share my transciever file with you.

And thank you so much for your reply. You always help me. Appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update and clarification. As per our conversation in case 04274941, I will set this to close and we shall continue to follow up using the new case 04274941. Thank you.

0 Kudos