FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Create a Block Symbol File from a Verilog Code in a Cyclone 10 GX board.

SATC
New Contributor I

Good afternoon guys, I'm trying to create a schematic block file of the program I made, but the option appears as "disabled". I am using the Quartus Prime Pro Edition IDE, I have tried to generate this file for many different projects and this option is not always available. Does anyone know if anything needs to be enabled in the Quartus Prime settings? I used the same programs in Quartus II 13.0 and it worked. Apparently the problem is occurring when I use the prime version.

Below is an image to illustrate the unavailability situation.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience, I have already raised this concern to next level & it might take some time.

Regards,

Vicky.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

your intended feature is"Create Symbol files from current file" might be removed from Intel Quartus prime pro edition but it it still available in Lite & Standard edition of the Quartus tool, please refer the below screenshot of Q18.1std edition.

In fact, here none of the feature is active under 'Create/Update' option for Quartus Prime Pro edition & it seems to be a bug, let me check with team internally & it may take some time to fix that issue.

sybol_Q18.1_std.png

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
SATC
New Contributor I

Hi Vicky, the same error is also found in Quartus Prime 17.1 version beyond 19.1

0 Kudos
SATC
New Contributor I

Any news on this subject?

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience, I have already raised this concern to next level & it might take some time.

Regards,

Vicky.

User1010
Beginner

Hi, may I know what's the status of this solution? I am currently using Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition 22.1, but I am still unable to create symbol from my vhd file. How can create symbol from my vhd code as a black box?

0 Kudos
SATC
New Contributor I

I tried on the 18.1 version of Quartus Prime Pro and the bug also remains. This version of the quartus you used was Standard, but it does not support to Cyclone 10 GX.

That way, I appreciate your contribution and look forward to the new Quartus update.

0 Kudos
FPGAYE
Beginner

Hello, this same issue is always there in 2021

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can't in Pro.  The feature does not exist.  As mentioned, you could install Standard to do this, which is a pain, but it would work.

0 Kudos
User1010
Beginner

Hi sstrell,

Thank you for the reply. May I know if this feature doesn't exist, (other than doing it on the standard version), how can I go about building my project if I needed to design a huge project with many modules that contain my own VHDL code? I am using an Agliex F-series board, so I can't use the standard edition. 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
You’d have to write code and perform manual instantiations in that code instead of using a schematic.
0 Kudos