FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5159 Discussions

Current Measurement on Cyclone 10 GX Development Kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am studying how the Current Measurement was done on the Cyclone 10GX Development kit. I'm looking at the schematics page 38 and I don't understand what the Sense Pad V1 is and I don't see it on the BOM list. If anyone is familiar with this measurement please let me know the purpose of the SENSE PAD and how would one put it on a design? 

Thanks, 

Joe
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, I am studying how the Current Measurement was done on the Cyclone 10GX Development kit. I'm looking at the schematics page 38 and I don't understand what the Sense Pad V1 is and I don't see it on the BOM list. If anyone is familiar with this measurement please let me know the purpose of the SENSE PAD and how would one put it on a design? 

Thanks, 

Joe 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Joe, 

According to my view. 

Sense lines are part of 4wire measurements. 4Wire (force, force sense, ground and ground sense) measurement is more accurate in parametric measurements(Example: FIMV). 

1. SENSE PAD here may be used for probing or act as a cuttable trace or to place a component for experimenting. 

2. Sense lines are high impedance lines because of which we can get accurate measurements. 

Previous Thread 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42226 

Hope it helps you. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)