FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Cyclone 10 GX CvP

Cowsyoumake
Beginner

Hello all,

I've got a Cyclone 10 GX dev kit that I have been working with. I have been using CvP to program the board as a make changes. But some time after creating my custom logic, CvP programming was failing, typically locking up my entire test system ( windows 10 ). However, loading on a fresh boot of the test system always works fine. Sometimes a seemingly insignificant change would make the core.rbf work again on reprogram, or not.

After trying many things and research, I think I came across the fact that the Cyclone 10 GX may not even support subsequent reprogramming with the core.rbf? Can anyone confirm this finding to be correct?

Thank you, 

George 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, it should be possible. May i know how do you produce the new core.rbf file?

May i know what do you meant by "Sometimes a seemingly insignificant change would make the core.rbf work again on reprogram, or not."? Are you saying that minor modification on the design will make it work?

0 Kudos
Cowsyoumake
Beginner

Hello,

I produce the new core.rbf file by building everything and using the covert programming files dialog as shown in the C10 CvP documentation.

As for the "seemingly insignificant change", it could be as simple as changing the default value of a register in my design. It seems to be entirely random.

I have now found that even the core.rbf 's that I thought were working.. Eventually if I keep trying to reprogram them, they will eventually fail and lock up the test system. 

Everything works fine when loading the rbf for the first time. It would seem that C10 gx only supports CvP initialization and not CvP update. I didn't realize when starting that there were different modes of CvP.

Thank you,

George

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos