FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX USB3.1 Interface

sy_12345
Beginner

Hello,

I´m trying to get the USB3.1 Interface running on the Cyclone 10 GX Dev Kit.

My Transceiver Code is functioning correctly with a custom FMC Extension Card and their transceivers. (Output checked on an oscilloscope).  When i change the transceiver to the ones which are connected to the USB3.1 Interface (Type-C Connector), I don´t have any output.

I can´t find any dip switches or ports to set in the Dev Kit User Guide. Is there something I have to do, to get the USB 3.1 Interface running? And no, I dont need or want the System Level Solution IP Core, because I won´t use the USB3.1 protocol, just the physical Interface.

Thank you very much

Soner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Did you make sure that the clock/(s) are being driven correctly when the transceiver lines are changed. Is there any warning that you see in Quartus during Fitter?

Regards

0 Kudos
sy_12345
Beginner

Hi Ash,

thank you for your answer. The transceiver is working fine and I don´t have warnings during Fitter.

I can measure the transceiver signal at the Pins 19 and 20 of the TUSB1ßß2RGER Redriver. But, I don´t have any Output Signals on the Pins 11 and 12. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Soner

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

I think it needs the HD3SS3220 also working. This device is controlled by the FPGA.

But, why do you want to switch to the USB pins when you are not intending to use the protocol?

Regards

0 Kudos