FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Cyclone 10 GX overheat?

LionShih
Beginner

I have a meeting with the TerASIC this morning. The TerASIC RDtold me that the Cyclone 10 has the overheat issue. It have to mount a fan on the FPGA otherwise it will crash.

The problem is we are going to put the FPGA board in a water sealed box. There is no free air flow will go into the box. Is that overheat issue real for Cyclone 10 GX? We choose the 10CX220.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Did you try to run the EPE (Early Power Estimation) and is the tool suggested to apply heatsink or fan to cool down the Cyclone 10 device from its calculation?

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi LionShih,

As we have not heard from you for a while, this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long. Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience caused. Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10, please allow me to correct it before closing or let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Regards,
Fakhrul

0 Kudos