FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5920 Discussions

Cyclone II FPGA - Status for when it will be manufactured again

Tvann
Beginner

We are very concerned about the status for the Cyclone II FPGA, part# EP2C20F484C8N.  This FPGA is the heart of our FasTrak2 high speed data acquisition board.  We were told that Intel temporarily stopped manufacturing this chip a couple years ago.  When will Intel start manufacturing this chip again?  

Best regards, 

Tom Vann

President

Visi-Trak

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Tvann,

I have checked with our representative, and from the feedback I received, could you please check with the distributor again?

According to him, there should be a lead time starting last week (Cyclone II will turn off HA starting from WW49.1).

Regards,

Fakhrul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I wouldn't hold my breath.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Intel will release PDN (Product Discontinuance Notice) before the product will be discontinued.

link to PDN : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/quality/fpga-pcn-pdn-adv.html?s=Newest&f:@emtcontenttype_en=%5BProduct%20Discontinuance%20Notices%20(PDN)%5D

If there is no PDN released for this product, that means you can still order them, the only concern is due to global supply issue, the order will take some time to be delivered.

The correct way to check device availability is by contacting your local distributors :

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Tvann
Beginner

Thank you Farabi.

All of our Distributors are telling us that Intel has informed them that they are still currently not accepting orders for this product.  They told us that we would need to contact the manufacturer directly to find out what the status is for this FPGA.  They said we needed to call (408) 765-8080.  I have called that number several times and asked the operator to connect me to someone in Technical Sales or Operations who can help answer my question about when a certain chip will be manufactured again.  But I have been hung up on all three times.  

I would sincerely appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the appropriate person at Intel.

Thank you,

Tom Vann
President
Visi-Trak

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Tvann,

I will share your email with our representative, asking them to directly contact you regarding this issue.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Tvann
Beginner

Thank you Fakhrul, I appreciate it. My email address is tvann@visi-trak.com

Best regards,

Tom Vann

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Tvann,

I have checked with our representative, and from the feedback I received, could you please check with the distributor again?

According to him, there should be a lead time starting last week (Cyclone II will turn off HA starting from WW49.1).

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Tvann
Beginner

Thank you Fakhrul, I appreciate it!  I will contact our Distributors to make sure they are now accepting orders for the Cyclone II.

Take care,

Tom

0 Kudos
tvann5752
Beginner

Hi Fakhrul,

We have checked with all of the Intel Distributors.  None of the distributors are accepting orders for the Cyclone II FPGA.  This FPGA has not been manufactured for a couple years.  This is highly unusual to stop accepting orders without any explanation.  

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos