FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5151 Discussions

Cyclone III FPGA Starter board + HSMC example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can anyone help me to implement a simple NCO in a cyclone III FPGA Starter board but interfacing with The Data Conversion HSMC (High Speed Mezzanine Card for the conversion D/A, ADC) used for developing DSP applications. 

I need an easy step by step tutorial because I’m a beginner. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You'll get no step-by-step instructions. Learn by Yourself :-)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Can anyone help me to implement a simple NCO in a cyclone III FPGA Starter board but interfacing with The Data Conversion HSMC (High Speed Mezzanine Card for the conversion D/A, ADC) used for developing DSP applications. 

I need an easy step by step tutorial because I’m a beginner. 

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

This isn't exactly what you're looking for but I have an example design which drives an ADC and DAC on an HSMC connected IO board here.. 

http://www.nialstewartdevelopments.co.uk/products.htm 

This will let you see how everything is driven. Constraints are for the classic timing analyser, this is a few years old. 

There's also an example of how the serial port can be driven from Excel (to drive this example design) which might be of general interest. 

Nial