FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Cyclone III Starter Kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am trying to understand how to use a Cyclone III starter kit and am having a few problems. 

I have gone through the various tutorials without a problem and everything works fine, it is when I try to do something different when I come unstuck. 

I will be trying to use the HSMC connector later on so I have been tring to re-generate the system using SOPC builder. However it appears the some of the components on the board are either not included in the system contents in SOPC builder or are not those used in the file cycloneIII_3c25_start_niosII_standard_sopc.sopc from the kit directory where the .sof file is kept for configuring the starter kit. 

I thought I could use the Cypress CY7C1380C SSRAM included in the system contents list for the IS61LPS51236A SSRAM on the board as they appear to be almost identical but when it comes to running my C program in NIOS IDE the memory fails to verify. 

I have tried searching throughout the forum but have failed to find any solutions about what to do other than create my own component. Does anyone have any other ideas? Is there a download somewhere with the .sopc file that corresponds to the actual Starter Kit contents? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies