FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Cyclone III development Kit - Starter Board Control Panel

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus Web Edition V12.1 

Cyclone III 3C25 Starter Kit V12? 

The kit included the Control Panel GUI. When I run the GUI, it tells me that I don't have the correct program loaded on the starter board that goes with the GUI. 

The documentation says the program is in the examples directory (see attached) but it isn't clear which program it is. Where do I find the program that goes with the Control Panel GUI? 

Thanks, G.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

RTFM - The DevKit user guide contains all necessary information. It directs you to load CycloneIII_Control_Panel.sof.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

RTFM - The DevKit user guide contains all necessary information. It directs you to load CycloneIII_Control_Panel.sof. 

--- Quote End ---  

RTFM? KMAYFB. 

I did read the manual, that's why I'm asking the question. The manual I have doesn't say anything about where to find the code. A search of all the ALTERA files on my computer doesn't have the above file, and searching the ALTERA website for the file you listed yields the attached results. The list of contents for the kit also says there should be a CD but there wasn't. There are multiple ambiguities in the documentation I have, I've almost given up on using them 

So, one more time without the smart comments, where do I find the file? 

G.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In my CIII DevKit installation, it's a project demos\cycloneiii_3c25_start_control_panel

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Attached is a "mostly" expanded view of the entire directory structure for V12 of the Cyclone III Startup Kit. "demos\cycloneIII_3c25_start_control_panel" does not exist. I also attached the demo directory structure, it's easier to see.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Attached is a "mostly" expanded view of the entire directory structure for V12 of the Cyclone III Startup Kit. "demos\cycloneIII_3c25_start_control_panel" does not exist. I also attached the demo directory structure, it's easier to see. 

--- Quote End ---  

The problem appears to be V12 of the starter kit. When I stepped back to V11.1, it worked correctly.  

G.
0 Kudos