FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5227 Discussions

Cyclone III starter board problem at power on

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I use a Cyclone III starter board, I uploaded on the flash a .pof file, everything was ok. 

Today something strange happens: the board stops to run. I turn it off then I turn it on: the FLASH_CEN led remains on and FPGA isn't able to load the configuration. If I upload the .pof file, with Quartus, again then I press the reconfigure button it works, but at the next power on the problem returns.  

Does anyone have any idea? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If it's the DE0 board you're talking about, it loads it's configuration to the EEPROM, not the flash. I take it you actually mean the EEPROM?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, it isn't the DE0 board, it's the Cyclone III Starter Kit (http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-cyc3-starter.html). 

However, the problem is that everything worked, then, since yesterday, if I reboot the board it doesn't load any configuration. In your opinion the hardware is in some way damaged or there may be any other problems?