FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5234 Discussions

Cyclone IV Hard IP and MSI generation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to generate MSI's from the Cyclone IV Transciever Development Kit board ... searches indicate the PCIe Compiler can help but I have never had success in generation or modifying the existing PCIe component. 

Can someone point me to a guide on how to add MSI capability to the Cyclone IV Hard PCIe IP ? 

I understand the hardware I/F supported , but somehow need to add it to the PCIe QSYS component. 

Thanks, Bob.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I may try to answer this myself, since a MSI is a write to a given address with some payload, I can't se anything special required to generate the MSI except to create a CRA translation entry to translate the NIOS II write to the RC interrupt controller instead of to the RC DDR address. 

The component mentioned may be a dedicated Master with the req / ack hooks required for some other hardware block to launch the interrupt.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is also the 'stuff' that tells the host where to write the 'address' and 'data' to. I think it ends up being an BAR number and offset.