FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Cyclone IV transceiver Dev Kit Example compiles with errors.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Cyclone IV transceiver Dev Kit Example compiles with errors. 

It appears to be looking for "bts_general_sopc_inst" but cannot find it. 

The fatal compile error listed is: 

Error: Node instance "bts_general_sopc_inst" instantiates entity "bts_general_sopc" 

The .exe application by the same name that came with the kit works. 

This source code for this app does not compile. 

Anyone know of something that is left out of a quick fix? 

:confused:
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

have you opened up SOPC Builder and pushed generate?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your tip. It compiled for a much longer time after opening 

SOPC builder and running Generate. 

Now I have two more errors. 

Error: Parameter "termination" of instance "receive_pma0" has illegal value "OCT 100 Ohms" assigned to it. Possible parameter values are: "OCT 150 OHMS", "OCT 85 OHMS", "OFF". 

Error: Can't elaborate user hierarchy "bts_general_sopc:bts_general_sopc_inst|tse_mac:the_tse_mac|altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_gige:altera_tse_mac_pcs_pma_gige_inst|altera_tse_gxb_gige_inst:the_altera_tse_gxb_gige_inst|altera_tse_altgx_civgx_gige:the_altera_tse_alt_gx_civgx|altera_tse_altgx_civgx_gige_alt_c3gxb_h017:altera_tse_altgx_civgx_gige_alt_c3gxb_h017_component" 

I fairly new at this. I worked with a much simpler development kit about 10 years ago but things have changed a lot since then. I know a guy at work who might be able to help me with these errors unless you or anyone out there is familiar with these errors. 

Thanks again, 

Bob
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OCT means On chip Termination. There needs to be resistors on both sides of the tranmissions lines, to prevent reflections of the signal. You will have to set OCT according to the other devices atached to it. Apparently 100 Omhs isn't supported by your device, so you will have either choose 150 or 85 ohms. If your device already had on board resisters at the transmissions lines you will have to chose OFF, but usually the latter isn't the case. 

The other error seems to be a name thing (i.e. he can't find that file), but I'm not sure.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for the tip. I will check the schematic of the board to see if there are any termination resistors at this node. If not then I will change the 

parameter after checking to see what impedance my device supports. 

Thanks again, 

Bob
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It finally compiled yesterday after changing the OCT from 100 to 150 ohms and changing another parameter that was illegal. 

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where can i get examples for this board?

0 Kudos