FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5151 Discussions

Cyclone V Development kit with MATLAB HDL Coder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have been trying to program my Cyclone V board for a basic LED blinking example using a MATLAB example as explained in this link (http://de.mathworks.com/help/hdlcoder/examples/getting-started-with-hardware-software-codesign-workf...).  

- My MATLAB version is R2015a with valid toolboxes. 

- My Quartus version is 15.0 (Both runon 64 bit windows7) 

- I have also installed USB Blaster and UART drivers. I have also connected the board with ethernet cable using serial port communication.  

One important thing is, all of these run on a virtual machine (both host and guest are windows 7 64 bit). 

Now I have two questions. 

First, I cannot successfully complete the example. According to the link, when I go thru step 4.1 (i.e. to create a project on Quartus), I get this error message. I don't understand the reason behind this.  

Second question is that, the USB connection of the board on the virtual machine keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is not at all stable. I have filtered these connections when i configured my virtual machine and I also made sure, the board is disconnected from the host OS.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

UPDATE: 

I solved the unstable USB connection. I had Quartus and its drivers installed on the host OS and this seems to have been the conflict. Then I uninstalled everything related to Quartus from the host and now the the board is connected to the guest OS without any issues.
0 Kudos
0 Replies