FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5230 Discussions

Cyclone V GX Development kit...can NOT find device in Quartus II device list

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am trying to get the new Cyclone V GX Devlopment kit to work. I followed all the steps and installed the Kit relative to the Quartus II 12.0 Sp2 Web Edition software, as specified. 

However, I can not find the Cyclone V Device 5CGXFC7D6F31C7NES in the Quartus II device list. There is only one very similar, but it ends with ES instead of NES and after assigning the pins I realized that it can't be this one either. When I use the Programmer and try AutoDetect it won't help either, because it then gives me a short selection of possible devices...and of course non of them fit either. 

I also already installed the newest version of Quartus II, being 12.1 Sp1...but it's the same. 

I would be happy for your support. 

Thank you 

Sebastian
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The "N" after the speed grade number stands for lead-free package and will be found with all purchased Altera devices since long. It's meaningless for Quartus.