FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5153 Discussions

Cyclone V GX Starter Kit + GPIO-HSTC Card

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everbody, 

I am interested in the Cyclone V GX Starter Kit because the resources/price ratio of the FPGA fits best for my project. However, the problem is that i need more than the 36 GPIOs. I found the HSMC to GPIO converter card from terasic but the website says nothing about the suitability for the C5GX Starter Kit [1]. There should be no problem to connect the card with the board, or I am wrong?  

If this is possible one further problem I figured out is (regarding to the C5GX user manual [2]) the I/O standard for the HSMC I/Os are 1.5V and 2.5V. But isn't it possible to easily set up the I/O standard to 3.3V in the Quartus II Assignment Editor/Pin Planner? At least for those pins where I am able to choose the usage between LVDS TX bit or CMOS I/O? What let me hesitate is that at the DE2-115 board you are able to define the I/O standard over jumpers. 

Does anyone used maybe the HSMC connector with the GPIO converter and a 3.3V voltage level? 

Thanks for your help and regards 

ElPolloDiablo 

[1] : http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=67&no=322&partno=2 

[2] : www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive_download.pl?language=english&no=830&fid=17219f04ba333c8a2ee2...
0 Kudos
0 Replies