FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Cyclone V dev kit power connector J22 size?

nhgeordie
Beginner

I want to make a pigtail with a USB controlled relay to remotely power cycle the dev kit. For various reasons the company does not support working with the hardware at home. I also can't easily use a networked power switch. I would have to get a home brew AC switch through quality and safety. But I can switch the DC side. I don't want to trash the original cable, so I need to insert something between the power supply and the board. Hence I need the size of the barrel connector used. Don't tell me "a laptop connector". That's not a standard. There are many variations of central pin and shroud, they both vary in diameter and length. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. You should be able to find the Cyclone V dev kit power connector J22 size from dev kit BOM list and you can find the datasheet for this J22 connector based on the part number. Example below is the BOM list path from dev kit installer

•           \ cycloneVSX_5csxfc6df31_soc\board_design_files\ cycloneVSX_5csxfc6df31_soc\bom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. You should be able to find the Cyclone V dev kit power connector J22 size from dev kit BOM list and you can find the datasheet for this J22 connector based on the part number. Example below is the BOM list path from dev kit installer

•           \ cycloneVSX_5csxfc6df31_soc\board_design_files\ cycloneVSX_5csxfc6df31_soc\bom

0 Kudos
nhgeordie
Beginner

Ah, thank you. As a software engineer I seldom think about the BOM.

For anyone else who wonders, 5.5mm outside diameter, 2.5mm inside. The line from the BOM is

P23-35030R, 1, J22, Switchcraft Inc., RAPC712X, CONN - JACK PWR RAPC712

The PSU has various connectors available, but all use 9mm length. So I need a 9mm long 5.5 OD, 2.5 ID barrel connector. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Sounds good, hope everything is working well at your side. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos