FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

CycloneIII Starter Board The CONF_DONE pin failed to go high in device 1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,all 

I am a newer,if i have made some mistakes please don't laugh at me. 

I have an altera cycloneIII starter board,i used quartus II 7.2 to config it,it could finish and work before,but now at the same condition every time configs it,pragrammer always display:  

Info: Configuring device index 1 

Info: Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x020F30DD 

Error: CONF_DONE pin failed to go high in device 1 

Error: Operation failed 

But it cann't config, I don't know why,who can help? 

Thanks and Regards! 

mtainking
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, all 

We have the same error (Cyclone III, AS config from EPCS16, and JTAG config). If anyone had the same problem and resolved it? 

Regards 

Leszek
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Leszek,the error i havn't solved it.I went to terasic FAE and they gave me some suggestions,but could not solve it.At last they told me the board need to repair. 

mtainking
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. I had the same problem, but it was my mistake: you should check switch prog/run on your board. If use JTAG interface turn switch into run position, in the case using active serial programming you should choose prog position.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Husev,I checked the board but i count not find the switch prog/run,The DE2 board has the switch,can you tell me where the switch on your board?Thanks and regards! 

mtainking
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I meant DE2 board, unfortunately, I have not worked with Cyclone 3 Starter board. In the other case you should try to swap your USB cabel

0 Kudos