FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

DE-10 nano won't boot.

NPoun2
Beginner

I just recently bought 2 de-10 nano boards. I can't get one of them to boot​, even with the preinstalled microsd.

All switches are set to the correct position.

With the microsd inserted, the only LEDs I get are: the blue power led, the heartbeat led flashes once for a quick second, the 8 led strip is lit up, but dim, and the uart led at power on, when the uart usb cable is inserted. I get no amber led at power on, and the uart output is as follows:

"U-Boot SPL 2017.03+ (May 23 2018 - 19:09:48)

Trying to boot from MMC1

mmc_init: -110, time 115

spl: mmc init failed with error: -110

SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices

### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###"

it spams this message 4 times and stops.

Initially I thought something was wrong with the sd or the image on the sd, but it works in my other board just fine.​ my next thought was that something may be wrong with the sd slot, but it finds and runs uboot.

I'm at a loss at whether the board itself is defective, or if it is an onboard software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?​

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Basically, The DE-10 nano Board belong to Terasic. It would be better if you could contact Terasic for enquiry related to Terasic board. https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=12&No=20

0 Kudos
NPoun2
Beginner

I messaged them as well. I know Terasic makes the board, but posted here aswell for a broader pool of support.

Also. Your answer is highly misleading. How can the error be related to an un-supported feature, when it's software installed onto the sd card at the factory, and included with the de-10 nano?

Another thing. The same SD works on another de-10 nano. So how does your answer make since?

Not trying to be rude, but you shouldn't spread misinformation.

You could have just used the cop-out answer of "not the right place to ask this" instead.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi, Deeply apologize for misunderstanding regarding your forum question. Yes, for Terasic board enquiry please refer to Terasic board team member. thanks

0 Kudos