FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

DE0 fail to download program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I have been trying to download a simple program to test my board but every time I start the download process, it fails with the current messages: 

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Mon Sep 21 21:49:38 2015 Info (209016): Configuring device index 1 Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x020F20DD Error (209014): CONF_DONE pin failed to go high in device 1 Error (209012): Operation failed Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Mon Sep 21 21:49:43 2015  

the Board in question is a DE0 with an EP3C16F484. I am sure I selected the correct device and wrote and compiled my code accordingly. When I put the switch on PROG programming ALWAYS fails however when I put the switch on RUN the code downloads successfully but never runs. Also I attempt to download a program the demo of flashing LEDs stops but the LEDs stay lit at a very low brightness, I think that is caused by the LED pins not being pulled down; is this normal behaviour? 

the code I am trying to download is: 

// Simple module that connects the SW switches to the LEDG lights module test1 (SW, LEDG); input SW; // toggle switches output LEDG; // green LEDs assign LEDG = SW; endmodule  

I am running Quartus II 13.1 on a linux virtual machine with virtualbox additions installed. 

I would appreciate any help I could get. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

maybe start by confirm all the jumpers first?