FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

DE0 fail to download program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have been trying to download a simple program to test my board but every time I start the download process, it fails with the current messages: 

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Mon Sep 21 21:49:38 2015 Info (209016): Configuring device index 1 Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x020F20DD Error (209014): CONF_DONE pin failed to go high in device 1 Error (209012): Operation failed Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Mon Sep 21 21:49:43 2015  

the Board in question is a DE0 with an EP3C16F484. I am sure I selected the correct device and wrote and compiled my code accordingly. When I put the switch on PROG programming ALWAYS fails however when I put the switch on RUN the code downloads successfully but never runs. Also I attempt to download a program the demo of flashing LEDs stops but the LEDs stay lit at a very low brightness, I think that is caused by the LED pins not being pulled down; is this normal behaviour? 

the code I am trying to download is: 

// Simple module that connects the SW switches to the LEDG lights module test1 (SW, LEDG); input SW; // toggle switches output LEDG; // green LEDs assign LEDG = SW; endmodule  

I am running Quartus II 13.1 on a linux virtual machine with virtualbox additions installed. 

I would appreciate any help I could get. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

maybe start by confirm all the jumpers first?

0 Kudos