FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

DE0 nano Mechanical Drawings

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm currently working on a PCB which will host a DE0 nano as a mezzanine board.  

Is it possible to have a mechanical drawing representing the exact positions of the GPIO 1, GPIO 2, power header and mechanical holes ? 

I didn't find it in the "DE0-Nano CD-ROM" neither on the Internet...
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you tried Terasic?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Have you tried Terasic? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes. 

In fact to come here I clicked on the FORUM button in the Terasic website.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes. 

In fact to come here I clicked on the FORUM button in the Terasic website. 

--- Quote End ---  

==> I have employed the DE-Nano as a daughter board. Mechanically, the dimensions you need to figure out for yourself. Additionally, I contacted Terasic and asked them if the would sell DE-Nano boards without the headers installed. They said that they couldn't do it, it was too much trouble. Needless to say, Terasic isn't at the top of my favorite vendor list, nor do I endorse them. The positive of the DE-Nano is that it's dirt cheap. You can't buy the parts alone for the price that Terasic sells it. Also, their documentation leaves a bit to be desired.  

Best, James
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

==> I have employed the DE-Nano as a daughter board. Mechanically, the dimensions you need to figure out for yourself. 

--- Quote End ---  

Can you share your results please ? 

So I can start to work before I get my board.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I too was searching for the same data and was sent the attached file by terasic - hope this helps others who may be looking. Note we have yet to build a board based on this data so please validate dimensions yourself (just is case...)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

(...) Note we have yet to build a board based on this data so please validate dimensions yourself (just is case...) 

--- Quote End ---  

First of all thanks a lot for the file! I used it to design a little breakout board with VGA, a couple 7-segment displays, push-buttons and an audio jack. Although I still need to validate the circuitry, build and test the actual board, from a 1:1 scale printout it looks like a perfect fit (see picture). I'll post more once I have the PCB printed and populated. 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9529
0 Kudos