FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5280 Discussions

DE0-nano absolute Maximum ratings

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi every one,i recently buy a DE0-Nano and i want to use it in my final proyect at University..And i have a cuestion about the board.. how much acceleration (G force) supports the board?? I don't find this anywhere and i really need this info! if anyone know where is this info please tell me!!! 

see you and thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you think about it, you'll realize, that a FPGA devolopment most likely won't be designed to withstand a particular acceleration or have a respective specification. But the board is small with good mounting capabilities. I guess, at least 100 g shouldn't be a problem. The connected cables will need additional locking means in this case. You'll know, that the acceleration sensor has a +/- 16 g range.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to test it at 450g that way i'm asking for this specific acceleration becouse is really extreme... and i dont want to do it until i by sure..but i have to do it in the next weeks:(.. so if anyone have try something like this please post it!! 

thank you all
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The DevKit isn't expensive. You should just try, I think.